Friday, November 7, 2008

Happiness and Anticipation

So much to anticipate and so much to wonder at! As a denizen of Virginia, I feel very proud of the efforts here to turn the state BLUE for Obama -- which we did! The past few weeks have been so absorbing (hence, a month's absence from blog-writing). I guess I could never be one of the Cheese-Doodle-eating, political blog writers so maligned on "Morning Joe" (my favorite show).


And as if all the election excitement weren't enough, our family took a trip to Disneyland the weekend before last and had a fabulous time in the Magic Kingdom. I confess I had tears in my eyes when Tinkerbell flew over the castle during the fireworks -- I mean really! That is magic! Five-year-old Lily was starry-eyed the whole time and met many of her favorite characters -- including Mulan, her favorite princess. Teen Emily and tween Quinn were less starry-eyed, but certainly high on all the fun and excitement. Here they are enjoying a moment with Pocohantas' Meeko at a character breakfast. It's fitting that we took this opportunity to do the consummate American vacation given what our immediate future holds!



We've gotten the approval on a terrific change that we've been anticipating for a long time. We are moving to Italy! Naples to be exact. DH is remaining in the Navy . . . after recall to active duty last year . . . Kids are very excited, taking their cues from parental exuberance on the move. But now all the daunting tasks of preparing begin . . . stay tuned for more bulletins as we go through the process. We plan to be there before Christmas!



My Etsy will remain operational until we depart . . . and then I'll go into vacation mode until we land. I'm excited about all the inspiration and new materials (hopefully old, old materials) that I will be able to include in my creations in the future! Stay tuned!

No comments: