Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Keeping the goal in mind.

It's the worst of times and the best of times. We're moving . . . ugh! We're moving to Italy . . . hurray!
So I'm having to sort through all my beading supplies, sewing supplies, various collections to decide . . . on a small amount that I can send air freight to tide me through the first three months, another amount to go in the hold for the three month sea trip, and, my husband thinks, another amount to be stored for three years -- you guess how that will go . . . Friends, blog followers, how do I ship with equanamity my gemstones, sterling and gold supplies, vintage pieces, art beads, and treasures in the hold of a ship to Naples (a place not best known for its scruples, but oh, oh, oh the PIZZA and the beaches). I'm the type who is always tense when I leave my nest, for what reason, I don't know, I've never been burgled . . uh, burglered? . . . knock wood. (though I've often bungled, bunglered, too). Is it really just a mortality issue? Somehow separating from this, for however short a time, feels like a little death?
Dawdling, now that I'm good at . . . but now onto face my stash. Pictures to follow.

No comments: